Sunday, March 14, 2010

Paint, Playtime, and Progress

Well, I know it's been awhile, but we have been super busy around here.  I have been nesting like crazy, and it seems to be paying off. Although the baby's room is not completely done, it is at least cleaned up and in a working order for if she arrives early.  If not, my mom is coming next week to help me finish up the fun details, like stenciling!  The hard part is that she will be in Kameen's crib at some point, but for now, he is still using it.  So, her room won't really be "done" until we transition him to a big boy bed.  However, getting the changing table in there with our lovely new shelf and getting everything laundered was enough to satisfy me for now.

 
Outside of her room being done, we had our kitchen floors resurfaced, which was a royal pain in the neck.  It took weeks to clean up the mess, but it is finally just about finished.  We also pretty much finished up the half bath.  I rearranged Kameen's room to look more like a room, and less like someone just landed in there and started living.  Chris and I also added some color and pizazz to our bedroom with new bedding, window treatments, rugs, and new towels for the bathroom.  I have been doing laundry non-stop for about 3 weeks.  I can't wait to be caught up on that front, although I suppose it's really preparing me for what is to come having more kids in the house.  We are just a week and a half to our due date, and we have everything ready for our home birth, more or less.  I'll probably spend the remainder of the time cleaning and tidying and putting finishing touches on everything.



We are still managing to have a little fun with Kameen before the baby arrives.  I keep pushing myself because I realize that I'm pregnant, not dead, and I don't want to miss out on Kameen's last days as an only child just because my feet, legs, back, and whole body ache!  So, this weekend, we headed out to the rodeo here in Austin with Memaw and Papaw.  It was a perfect day, and Kameen did as much as a 2-year-old could do.  He rode a pony, did the petting zoo, bounced on a trampoline, rode a few rides, watched a pig race, ate corn dogs, and danced with a cow.  He was absolutely pooped by the end of the day, but we had a great time!



And, for the grand finale.  A belly pic!  One of the only ones in existence.  This way I can prove that yes, I carried you all 9 months!

2 comments:

Sara said...

You guys have been busy! I love the colors in your bedroom and your haircut is too cute! The rodeo looks like fun, good for you for braving it!

Unknown said...

Lori you have done an amazing job!!! WOW, one day the spirit of decorating will hit me soon, I hope,lol.. Take care!!!